Birthday Post: 23 Things About Me & 23 Birthday Love List
Today is my birthday! So I interrupt the typical style posts to bring you a basic birthday girl post! Twenty-three things about me for my twenty-third birthday! I kind of can’t believe that I’m twenty-three. One because, time, wow does it pass. But also because all of my friends are at least six months older than me and are turning twenty-four, so I routinely forget how old I am. While I have to think about it most of the time when somebody asks, I am still excited to be twenty-three! So without more rambling, here’s twenty-three facts about me and twenty-three things I’m loving on my birthday!
- My favorite food is pork dumplings, my favorite dessert is a vanilla vanilla cupcake, and my favorite drink is anything fruity
- Every job I’ve wanted has come with a city to do it in: An executive chef in New York, a clinical psychologist in Boston, an author in Los Angeles. But now I’m planning on moving to D.C.
- I’m doing my best to become a plant lady. My favorite flowers are peonies (of which I’ve only had the fake decoration kind) and I love succulents (my current one is named Isla)
- I really do only wear skirts and dresses but on casual days you may catch me in leggings. I’m not a huge fan of jeans; I only own one pair and I’m not even sure where they are
- My favorite color is green but I wear and decorate with a lot of blues, pinks, and golds
- I love butterflies!
- I am super interested in the supernatural but I am also super scared of experiencing anything supernatural. I also don’t like horror movies. A twenty-minute Youtube video is enough for me
- I started a blog twice before Chapter Fifteen: the first time my senior year of college as an OOTD blog, though I think I only took one picture. And second with a college friend our sophomore year. We made an Instagram account and a website but never made any content. I started Chapter Fifteen my senior year
- I get really addicted to phone games really easily. Show me a game I like and I’ll sit there and obsessively plan it for the next week. Catch me at any moment playing Sims Freeplay, 2048, or any .io game
- If you ask what my favorite book is, I’ll give you three categories: recently read, literary fiction, and longest running. The answers: Save the Date by Morgan Matson, Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver, and Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt
- If I could wake up tomorrow with a new talent, it would be some kind of art like drawing or painting
- I have a bucket list ten pages long with highlights including: visit Prague, road trip across the country, learn how to skateboard, and get a book published
- I’m always down for an 80s movie: Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Can’t Buy Me Love, and St. Elmo’s Fire are my recommendations
- In high school, I wanted to change my name from Alex to Alix
- My favorite singer is Ed Sheeran. All the hearteyes for him!
- I like numbers that are multiples of five (I call them “neat” numbers) and things like the volume and the amount of something I prefer to be in a multiple of five. But seven is my lucky number
- I keep all my fortunes from fortune cookies in a box. I got asked to my senior prom via fortune cookie
- When I was younger, I used to collect snowglobes, now I collect prints from the places I visit
- I’m very observant
- The craziest thing I ate was alligator and it wasn’t bad
- I like designing floor plans for houses and interior design. If I weren’t writing, I’d probably be an architect. And I love contemporary modern style
- I’m definitely a night person. I could stay up until five in the morning but I hate waking up at five in the morning
- I’m pretty sure I have misophonia because hate all mouth noises. But what really grates my nerves is when people loudly moan or groan when they yawn. Just the worst sound ever
Twenty-Three Thing I’m Loving On My Birthday